STATE THEATRE OF BOYERTOWN
Community Fundraising Program
Mission Statement: The State Theatre Preservation Society is a Boyertown-based non-profit organization whose purpose is to preserve and operate the historic 1912 theatre through a broad array of quality films, performing arts, and education, thereby enriching the cultural life of the local community and surrounding areas.
It is the intent of the Board of Directors of the Historic State Theatre of Boyertown to be an active participant in promoting community pride, community ownership and supporting peer nonprofit organizations with our greatest resource, the theatre.
In this ever-changing landscape of fundraising, where more volunteers are needed, more time and less money is raised, the Board of Directors are excited to offer this opportunity to assist Boyertown area community non-profits to raise the necessary funds for their programs.
The program is a fundraising partnership between the State Theatre of Boyertown (a nonprofit 501 C 3) and other Boyertown area community non -profit organizations interested in a unique fundraising opportunity.
Program Structure and Expectations:
The State Theatre of Boyertown will provide:
The use of the State Theatre during a non-scheduled movie time (see below)
- A House Manager
- Staff to operate the concession and bar (proceeds to be kept by STPS)
- Print tickets for nonprofit to sell (nonprofit will decide on ticket price. STPS must approve ticket content)
The Non-Profit Partner will provide:
- Volunteers to collect tickets and assist Theatre staff in general cleaning of theatre
- Market, advertise and sell all tickets to the event at their price
- A fee of $200 to cover theatre staff and printing of tickets, required on day of event.
- A $250 non-refundable deposit is required at booking to cover the cost of movie royalty. In the event the cost of the royalty exceeds $250, the increased amount is due at time of booking
- The DVD of the movie they have decided to show (must be approved by STPS)
- One contact person to work with the Theatre manager
Theatre Availability – as approved by STPS
- Monday through Friday – mornings and afternoons are available
- Saturday and Sunday – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Registration Form – See rental contract